The most important aim of the Paulista University (Universidade Paulista – UNIP) is the offering of tuition at undergraduate level, by teachers who are aware of their social responsibilities in the quest for solutions to the problems which affect the daily activities of groups.
Technological and cultural development, as also scientific progress, is based on the harmony and symbiosis that exists between societies and Universities, with the qualification of the future professional being the responsibility of this latter group. Well aware of its responsibilities within a national context, UNIP plans for the future by getting support on some key objectives:
- establishing itself as a centre for valuation of the professional person, preserving, specialising and enhancing the values which dignify it;
- promoting intense exchange of services and information with society, offering knowledge and systematic techniques, and receiving in exchange information that can rekindle the activities of research and furthering;
- establishing itself as a transformation agent, and thus contribute to human growth in the intellectual, moral and material areas;
- promotion of the full qualification of the professionals leaving their courses, seeking to respond to the concerns and the needs of the human being and of contemporary society, with the offering of teaching and research activities that prioritise the interdisciplinarity of the knowledge;
- use of a teaching methodology and a conscientious and effective policy for undergraduate studies, often discussed with educators and specialists;
- making a contribution for the implementation of a social and economic order based on sovereignty of peoples, dignity of the human being, free initiative, ethical values, and pluralism of ideas;
- provision of quality teaching, by means of integrated actions between institutes and top management, with strict monitoring of the activities carried out, enhancement of human resources, and enhancement of the material conditions of the campuses.